Massachusetts Law About Service Animals
- MGL c.90, s.14A Protection of blind pedestrians crossing or attempting to cross ways
- MGL c.129, s.39C Hearing Dog Business Licensing
- MGL c.129, s.39D Hearing Dog Trainer Rights
- MGL c.129, s.39F Service Dog Trainer Rights
- MGL c.272, s.85B Assistance Animals Stolen or Attacked
- MGL c.272, s.98A Physically handicapped persons with dog guides; public places or conveyances
- 40 USC 3103 Admission of guide dogs or other service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities
- 42 USC 12101 et seq. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 28 CFR 35.104 Service Animal, Defined. Definition is limited to dogs.
- 28 CFR 35.136 Service Animals. Rules re: service animals. 28 CFR 35.136 (i) provides guidance on the use of miniature horses in state and local gov't services.
- 28 CFR 36.104 Service Animal, Defined. Definition is limited to dogs.
- 28 CFR 36.302 Modifications provides guidance on the use of miniature horses in public accomodations
Service Animals Fact Sheet, US Dept. of Justice. "This publication provides guidance on the term “service animal” and the service animal provisions in the Department’s new regulations."
Fair Housing Rights of Individuals With Disabilities, Mass. Attorney General. Under "Reasonable Accomondation," page says in part: " M.G.L. c.151B may require that an owner modify his/her "no pets" policy as a reasonable accommodation for a person with a disability who requires the use of a service or emotional support animal because of the person's disability. "
Information About Service Animals, Mass. Attorney General. Common questions and answers about service animals in businesses, taxis and more.
Service Animals, Mass. Office on Disability. Outlines applicable laws and their enforcement.